Monday, March 29, 2010

My Date Night

Ooh! This is my first time participating in any Nuffnang contests. So, I'm supposed to write about my most memorable date, but with my crappy memory, the best I can do right now is write about somethin' that happened last night. :P

Anyways, yesterday both Nic and I woke up pretty late in the PM due to the late night we had in Daph's place. Our idea of a date is just as long as we spend time together. Lots of quality time. So last night, we opted to go 'dating' at the local Sunday pasar malam in Taman Megah (she's been bugging me to go for a long while now...but I keep flaking out ;P).

At 5.30pm, she asked me, "So what time are we going later?" I replied, "6.30pm".

So at 6.30pm she asked me, "It's 6.30pm. What time are we going?" Looking at the still bright, clear sky, I said, "7 something lah".

When 7.30pm rolled around, she said, "So how?" When I heard the resignation in her tone, as if she was expecting, yet again, to stay home watching me stare at the computer screen all night long, I just knew I had to prove her wrong. So I got up, and la-di-daa'ed while getting ready, and we were finally off to the pasar malam. My mom also called and asked me to get her some long beans. *rolls eyes*

On the way to the pasar malam, though the sky was still clear, we could see lightning flashing in the distance. "Eh, gonna rain," she said. "No lah," I replied confidently. By the time we arrived, it was already 8pm. So we moved around buying onions, garlic, eggs and other dry goods we needed to stock up on for Nic to make me more delicious homemade dishes and make me even fatter than I already am.

About 10 minutes into our pasar malam excursion, we progressed to the stall selling steamboat stuff. XD Ever since we had that steamboat session at our place, we've been frequently 'steamboat-ing' whenever we can. Its amazing how we haven't gotten sick of it yet. As we were happily chucking packet after packet of 'balls' (veggie balls, fish balls, pork balls, and several more that I don't even know the names of), I happened to step outside of the stall's canopy to move to the far end of the table.

Suddenly.....*pitter*

What was that?

*pitter patter* *pitter patter* *pitterpatterpitterpattersplatsplatSPLAT*

Uh oh. RAINNNNNNNNNNNNN!

I quickly turned to Nic and said that I was gonna get the umbrella from the car. She was so busy choosing more stuff (only god knows what) that I had to repeat myself twice before she finally paid attention and nodded distractedly at me without taking her eyes off the selection of goodies in front of her.

After running to the car and grabbing my tiny umbrella (I don't use umbrellas much), I quickly hurried back as I realised that Nic wasn't carrying any money and I had forgotten to pass her my wad of RM10s earlier. When I got back, turns out that I needn't have hurried. She was still choosing stuff to buy! >.<"

Anyway, after paying over RM50 (!!!!) for our purchases, we proceeded over to the opposite stall to buy vegetables. Just as we were about to step out into the rain, the sky decided to go WHOOOSHHH and pee down torrents of more rain on us. Half wet before even reaching the vegetable stall, we were literally dripping before we finally finished and was able to make our way to the car. Imagine struggling with an umbrella in one hand, and trying to fumble with pulling out my money with the other. Don't forget the bags and bags of stuff that we'd already purchased earlier too.

To cut a long story short, I smelled like a wet cat by the time we got home. mrrrowwwwwwww...! 

So hopefully if I can win 2 tickets to the movie I can bring Nic out on a proper date this time, and not end up dripping wet halfway through our outing...and not in a good way either. :P

 Me wan flee movie! Hohohohoho...

3 comments:

pink+purple dollar said...

BLASPHEMOUS!!!

Older, not much wiser. said...

what, about the balls? :P

pink+purple dollar said...

too many to list out.. btw, we went back 2nd time for brown sauce.. which is already running out very very soon..

Post a Comment

Shout, shout, let it all out...