Thursday, March 25, 2010

Carnaval review

I have moods when it comes to blogging. Sometimes I post almost everday. Other times I post once a week when the guilt finally grabs me by the throat and yells in my face, "BLOG! NOW!".And I'm starting to wonder why my blog is starting to look vaguely like the restaurant review page of a magazine, or like one of the other gazillion food blogs out there. I guess I just love eating good food.

Anyway, here's a delayed post I've wanted to put up for like a week now. I've finally eaten at Carnaval Churrascaria. After 4 long months of postponement and well meaning promises to myself and Nic that "We'll go eat there next week/month/etc", but always forgetting about it whenever the question of, "Eh, what to eat tonight?" came up, we finally did it. We ate at Carnaval!

The guy standing outside is the boss and the car on the bottom left is the bastard that was trying to run Nic over when she was taking this photo for me. :P 

 So, as you may or may not know, Carnaval is a Brazillian barbecue buffet restaurant that serves different types of meat or seafood as the majority of its barbecued dishes. They serve several varieties of chicken, beef, lamb and prawns. If that's not good enough for you (though I can't imagine why), they also have 2 buffet tables of just side dishes just ripe for picking.

Oh I love the vermicelli! (Bottom left of this pic)
 They even had meat as a side dish!

And here's a closer look at a random selection of side dishes. On our plates, that is. Note the garlic bread. Its soft, tender and thickly coated with garlic butter on both sides. Unfortunately, its not available in the wide array of side dishes but is offered separately. It comes highly recommended on my list.

This is my plate with a little bit of almost everything from the spread of side dishes.
This is Nic's plate. With lots of....healthy veggies. Ick! And why is her garlic bread hovering off the plate??? Is it too delicious to be associated with disgustingly healthy veggies?

They also had 2 bowls of some 'healthy' type dressing on every table. I use the word 'healthy' because it really tasted like crap.

On the left is some really weird sort of mint sauce. Mint leaves and water (at least that's what it tasted like to me). On the right is a mixture of onions, green bell peppers, tomatoes...and more water.

Then came the food. Carnaval has a very unique way of serving their main dishes. Instead of using plates like most restaurants do, they use humans to serve the food instead. 

Human plates. 

The picture above shows my 2nd favourite dish of the night. Medium cooked beef, tender and delicious. Incredibly, it tasted even better than the lamb, which is normally my all time favourite meat.

My number 1 favourite dish!

 If you haven't been to Carnaval, then I'm pretty sure you'll be wondering what the heck that yellow patterned thing is. That, my dear friends and readers, is a slice of the juiciest, sweetest, most heavenly tasting caramelized barbecued pineapple that I have ever tasted. Sadly, by the time they introduced the pineapple, I was too busy shoving food in my face to bother taking a photo, and this one was only taken after I had finished stuffing myself.

With a price of RM50 per head, it's actually pretty enticing as the price is similar, or even a little cheaper than a full meal at Chillis, Tony Romas or TGIF. The total cost of our meal came up to RM117.76, which includes the cost of 2 glasses of water and the 5% and 10% govt tax and service charges respectively.


To conclude my post (cuz I need to head to bed pretty soon as I'm working super fuckin' early tomorrow morning!), I had such a good, pants-loosening time that I am definately going back again....like...next month. Or something like that. :P

1 comment:

pink+purple dollar said...

you should dedicate a paragraph to me by dragging you there and take you out.. else you'll never reach there...

plus you never say how many slices we took and how the pineapple guy keep coming to us 1st knowing we will lantak it like the end of the world?

Post a Comment

Shout, shout, let it all out...