Saturday, March 27, 2010

Things that happened 8 years ago...

Solely due to a twist of fate, I accidentally keyed in the wrong username while trying to access Blogger from my phone. Imagine my surprise when Blogger listed a very old blog of mine, then asked if I'd like to link it to my current blog account with Google. Naturally, I said 'yes'.

After the link-up was complete, I started reading some of my old posts. I had a jolly good time with them too, even laughing about some of the stuff I had written before. I'd forgotten alot of the things I'd written about, like 'chucking a sickie' from work just because I was too broke to go (I didn't have a car and was still forced to take public transport then). When I came to the end of the page I realised that there was no "older post" option that you would see on this current blog. I was frantic because I really wanted to continue reading. Because I didn't remember alot of the stuff I'd written about, reading it was almost like reading someone else's blog, except for the fact that everything seemed familiar. So I went into Blogger's template editor and tinkered around for abit (it was the old html type of template) until I could access my archives.

I've always liked reading things that I wrote years ago. Each time I do, I'm always amazed that I could write that way, and wonder if my writing style has changed. Reading back some of what I wrote whilst in college and in the early months of my working life, makes me really miss those times, and just stand in awe of my younger self. I can't believe half the stuff that I wrote actually happened to me. I was such a different person then. I guess time and experience really can change a person so much they don't recognize themselves anymore. I used to think that I haven't changed much since Uni. But since I started reading my old posts...well, let's just say that I'm pretty sure that if I could go back in time and talk to my 21-year-old self, my younger self would probably alternate between staring in disbelief, and shaking her head in disappointment.

Growing old really sucks, you know that? And I havent even hit 29 yet! (Technically speaking, of course).

By the way, if anyone's interested, the link is here. It's also in the sidebar under the list of links and blogs I frequent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout, shout, let it all out...