Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Argh!

Today has been a butt-fucking lousy-ass day.

One of the things that frustrates me the most is people who still don't listen even after I've explained myself several times. I experienced one such incident today.

I was trying to renew my road tax and insurance with AmAssurance, which is something I've been doing for the last several years ever since I bought my heap of junk (RE: my car). Normally, its a pleasant, hassle free task...but not today. After my initial call to them this afternoon, where I gave my car details, they said they would call me back in 10 minutes, to which I said 'okay'.

So I waited....and waited...and waited. The 10 minutes had passed.

About 20 minutes later, they called. It was a Malay girl on the line.

Girl 1: (In Malay) Hallo, my name is Zu. Your quote for insurance costs bla bla bla... (some bombastic amount).
Me   : (In English) Wow that's expensive, what does it cover?
Girl 1: (Again in Malay) Oh it has windshield cover for the front, back and sides. 
Me   : (Still trying to speak English) Okay, what else does it have?
Girl 1: (Doesn't this girl know how to speak any fucking English?) It has PA which is personal accident and covers driver, all 4 passengers, bla bla bla...(insert random $ amounts here that I wasn't really paying attention to).
Me   : (Gave up on speaking English to this kampung idiot) Okay, did I take this option last year?
Girl 1: Oh, we don't have your record for last year, only for 2008.
Me   : ......what??? You called me last year to sell it to me, which I did I purchase, and now you're telling me you don't have my records?
Girl 1: You didn't buy from us, we only have your record till 2008.
Me   : #@$%@#$%#@$^!!! (In my head only..still being polite). Please go and check.
Girl 1: Okay I will call you back in 10 minutes.
Me   : Fine.

*Twiddle thumbs twiddle thumbs twiddletwiddletwiddle thumbs....15 minutes later*

Girl 1: Zu here ah. No, we don't have your record for last 2009. You didn't buy from us.
Me   : Then who the hell has my money??
Girl 1: I dunno.
Me   : (Already steaming) Fine. Forget it. I have the insurance and road tax papers. You can say whatever you want. Anyway, if I don't take the PA, what does my basic insurance cover.
Girl 1: It will cover the driver and 4 passengers to the amount of bla bla bla...
Me   : Huh? No wait, I asked what I will be covered for if I only take the basic insurance plan. No PA, nothing.
Girl 1: Okay wait awhile ah, I count.
Me   : Nonono, I just want to know what it covers.
Girl 1: Ya, it will cost you...
Me   : No. Listen to me, do you understand my question or not? I want to know what it coverage I will get.
Girl 1: Yes lah! It will cost (insert random amount again)...
Me   : (Gritting teeth). Is there someone else I can speak to?
Girl 1: Okay I will get my officer to call u back in 10 minutes.
Me   : What's your officer's name?
Girl 1: ...erm....Doris.
Me   : Okay.

*Again waiting...and waiting...and waiting...sigh.*

Girl 2: (Still in MALAY!!!) Hallo, this is Liana calling from AmAssurance ya. My colleague gave me your details and said you have some problems?
Me   : No, I don't have any problems. I thought Doris was supposed to call me back? She's the officer right? Are you an officer too?
Girl 2: Erm...Doris assigned me to call you back...I am her colleague.
Me   : (Scratching walls) Fine. I want to complain about your colleague. She does not understand what I am saying even though I repeated it so many times!
Girl 2: (Politely) What is it that you were asking?
Me   : I just want to know, if I take only the basic insurance plan, what does it cover?
Girl 2: Oh, that means you can only claim for your car repair if you are in an accident.
Me   : (To the tune of angels singing HALLELUJAH in my head) Finally a proper answer! Ok I will take the PA but...bla bla bla...this is my card details, bla bla bla...
Girl 2: OK, we will bill this amount to your card tomorrow and will courier the policy and road tax to you provided you have no police summonses outstanding on your car.
Me   : (In my head, 'Uh oh.') Kthanxbye.

Scrambled to check my summonses online, and what did I find?





Ah fuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout, shout, let it all out...