Sunday, March 7, 2010

2 Sardines In A Can...

Sorry, this post was supposed to have been posted on the 4th of March. As usual, I've been very lax with my posts recently.  

Well, we managed to fit almost everything inside the small room. The mattress fits, all our clothes sort of fit, the many assortments of toiletries and self care products fit too, and there's even space for a mid sized coffee table which holds my laptop, books, letters and various other items. It is nothing short of amazing how compact things are now.

Where once I thought we had trouble fitting all our things into the middle room, I am still in disbelief that despite cramming everything into every spare inch of space we have, she still let me have some precious space on the coffee table for my junk. Heheh. I know my baby's done alot to reassure me that the move isn't quite so bad, and she sacrificed alot so that I wouldn't feel too miserable about being crowded into such a small area. In addition, I didn't do very much over the entire moving period because I was at work most of the time. When I went home one day, everything was magically all set up. It was as if we had pixie-fairies at home doing all the work.  XD

(Just kidding just kidding don't pinch me Nic!)

Advertisement Break: ZzzZZzzZzZzzZZzZZzzzz....sorry fell asleep while at my desk...this is why its so difficult to finish my posts sometimes! hohoho! :P

In any case, we're all moved in now and all that's left is the tidying up of the remaining bits and pieces scattered around the living room in the aftermath of the move. Despite my whining and moaning, the whole moving thing isn't quite as bad as it seems. After all, we have 4 new people in the house so it's rarely empty. The 2 girls staying in the middle room are turning out to be rather nice people. From what Nic told me, they're both young accounting clerks. In addition, from what I've observed, they're pretty simple people and get along very well with each other, if their frequent shrieks of laughter are any indication.

On the other hand, the sisters (or one of the sisters, anyway), are starting to rub us the wrong way. They keep to themselves alot, and rarely exit their room except to go to the kitchen area or leave the house. So far, they've been tardy with their deposit payments despite confirming their tenancy many weeks ago. Then, the younger sister almost jammed the lock on the front door 2 days ago because she was talking on the phone and wasn't paying attention to what she was doing when she turned the key the wrong way. The younger sister reminds me of someone I know...however I can't quite place my finger on who that is....and whether that reminder is a good thing or not.  

Finally, the last bit of news from my 'oh-so-not-exciting-life'. I've finally finished the last bit of available credit on my blasted P1 W1max prepaid account which I received free with my laptop. I had 4 more days left on the validity on the credit but I couldn't be fucked because the damn connection really is crap. One minute it'll be fine, the next minute I can't even load Gmail. So I *ahem* 'borrowed' (re: kidnapped) the wireless router from my aunt and uncle's house because they weren't using it, hooked it up, and am now sharing Nic's Streamyx connection with her and the 2 girls in the middle room. It's not as blazing fast as it was previously, but it's nowhere near as bad as P1 either.

So since I don't have to worry about counting my kilobyte usage anymore, I went hunting for a new website to replace my beloved forum.tvfreeload.com (RIP), which has been shut down. So far I've found one I'm quite satisfied with. Not only does it have the usual movies and tv shows, but it also has games and ebooks! (Yes, I'm a nerd) So I'm very very satisfied for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout, shout, let it all out...