Friday, April 2, 2010

Things have been...

...hectic and tiring recently. Over the last 2 weeks my schedule has been absolutely fucked because some of my managers haven't the faintest care in the world about their staffs well being (except when they take MCs, and even then it's only because they're sooooooooooo concerned about how often the staffmember takes a sick day).

On top of that, Nic and I have been working on our relationship issues, which involve lots of screaming, shouting, hurt feelings and bewilderment (on my part, anyway). On the bright side though, things are getting better (I think), and we're preparing to take our first trip together to Penang next week.

After such a hectic period, I want nothing more than to kick back and chill for the 3 days and 2 nights that we'll be there...however I have been otherwise informed that she wants to do stuff like...'tar siu yan' (Hitting little people? That sounds politically incorrect) and visit the Kek Lok Si (stairs! Stairs! STAIRS! *gurgle*). I'm not too opposed to either, because I've never done the former before and it should be entertaining to watch, and I haven't done the latter for several years already. It'll be fun to see the turtles sunning themselves and clambering on top of one another with their s-l-ooooooo-w motion movements, as well as to see what new crap the vendors along the way will be selling. That'll at least make the stairs a little more bearable. However, I have no idea what other tortu-*cough cough*-I mean adventures, Nic will have in store for me.

I do know we'll be going around eating though. I plan on checking out a few interesting looking restaurants I've found on the web. I'm also looking forward to driving in the crazy traffic again.

As part of the preparations for my upcoming trip, I serviced my car yesterday. RM200+! *silently screaming*. Despite the horror of yet more money leaking out of my pocket, it really is much more powerful and more responsive now. I got to utilize some of the power last night, when we went for a family dinner in Corus Hotel, KL. Btw, no photos because I really couldn't be bothered.

My mum had asked me to pass something to an aunt of mine who was visiting from Adelaide, AU. Being me, I was late for dinner and as a consequence, we rushed out of the house, got stuck in insane traffic along Federal Road (re: Highway - my dad likes to call it a road because highways aren't supposed to be jammed!), made a detour to Taman Jaya LRT, hopped on and LRT'ed all the way to town.

(And yes baby, I admit you are correct. It really does take only 2 minutes per station. 4 years of riding trains in my youth and I never figured it out. Whoopee.) :P

So we got to the hotel right as the food was being served (I am the master of perfect timing), and were happily gobbling down dinner when suddenly...

"Oh fuck, where's the package we're supposed to bring to pass to Aunty???"

*Flashback to memory of package happily sitting on dining table at home*

@#$%@#$%@#$%@

So after dinner, we LRT'ed back to Taman Jaya (and my motion sickness increasing exponentially as a result), zoomed back home, picked up the package, zoomed back down to Legend Hotel, where my aunt was booked into for the duration of her stay, dropped off the package, then zoomed back home again.

By the time I got to bed it was 1am. Though my alarm rang at 4.45am, I couldn't even drag my butt outta bed until almost an hour later. Thank god my manager didn't say anything when I walked in a half hour late. (As usual) :P

2 comments:

pink+purple dollar said...

i go penang myself.. mengembara keseorangan and find wendy.. *blek*

Older, not much wiser. said...

kenot! i'm lookin forward to my mini-vacay too! but...at least u finding wendy..n not yi ;ai. :P

Post a Comment

Shout, shout, let it all out...