Friday, January 1, 2010

I Missed The Fireworks... :(

This year, I decided not to go anywhere for New Year's Eve. Instead, I spent most of the day in front of my lappie, then most of the evening napping (still in front of my lappie >.<"), then woke up to the brilliant idea of making pasta for dinner. Due to a shortage of ingredients, I spent over RM50 at the grocery store downstairs (thank god for small miracles - going out today would have been a nightmare!) getting several things that I needed, namely fresh tomatoes, pasta sauce, canned mushrooms, cookies, cigarettes, ice cream, juice...okay okay, not all those things were required to make pasta, but I kinda got carried away. I haven't been grocery shopping for almost a month, which is rather shocking considering that the first month I was with Nic, we went grocery shopping 4 times.

Anyway, I spent the next half hour cleaning up the kitchen, then the next hour running around like a headless chicken just to make a simple pasta dish. It was just sautéd chopped tomatoes, garlic, onions and canned mushrooms with pre-made pasta sauce and 4 slices of streaky bacon...but for some reason it was lke sooooo difficult to make. I guess I'm really out of practice. I guess it didn't turn out too badly since Nic was so happy with it, and the bacon strips were delicious! However, once again, I forgot to take any photos..hehehe. It wasn't anything special though. Then I served Walls' Very Rocky Road and Mini Cornetto ice cream for dessert. Of course, in the cooking frenzy, I almost forgot about the ice cream until Nic reminded me...LoL!

I stopped cooking at exactly 12am, gave Nic a New Year kiss, put the food on the table, then ran to the windows to see if I could see any of the fireworks. Anyways, I managed to hear alot of the fireworks booming away, but I only managed to catch a glimpse of 1 or 2 of them around the corner of a nearby building. *sob* This is the 2nd year in a row that I've missed seeing any fireworks. I missed last year's display because I was standing at the foot of Wendy's condo with Shihan and Adrian waiting for her to come down so we could go out.

So, what did you do for New Year's Eve?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout, shout, let it all out...