Monday, January 4, 2010

Shift-ing...

I haven't had the time to blog recently because I've had to work the last 2 nights. A 13 hour shift can really eat up all your free time. Plus, work was soooooo busy!

...........
.................
......................

Ok, fine, I admit that I'm lying through the skin of my teeth on that last one! (I wonder who came up with that phrase...teeth don't have skin, do they?) The 1st day of my shift was indeed busy....out of 3 people for the night shift I was the only one who wasn't on MC, so I had a shitload of work to do. I know 1 of my colleagues was really sick...because she came to work anyway and her symptoms persisted till the next day. The other colleague, however.....hmmmm...let's just say she did something most people in the customer service industry do frequently. She seemed totally fine though when she came back to work yesterday. Ate like a horse too.

The 2nd night I was on duty was excellent. Everyone came (to work!) and the number of tasks were distributed equally. However, out of some random stroke of luck, everything I had was meant to be delayed until Monday, except for 1 task. And even for that 1 task, it turned out that all I had to do was send 1 simple email asking for a status update from a client. So between taking a few random enquiry calls, smoke breaks and typing that one miserable email, I was free all night long. Hehehehehehehe....

For the rest of the night, all I did was watch back-to-back episodes of House MD, SouthPark, and CSI.

But seriously, with a 13 hour shift, there really isn't much time to do anything once you get back home. Between work, travelling to and from work, preparing for work,  and of course eating and sleeping, I'd have like maybe 2-3 hours max to do everything else. During the stretches of my shift, its almost impossible to go out with my mate or my friends unless I'm willing to run on maybe 5-6 hours of sleep...or sometimes less. But I guess that's what I need to live with if I want a higher pay.

Oh yeaaaa, and I have my first stalker! *Waves at Mich* I was wondering who that feller with the singaporean based IP address was... :P

So...I was wondering if its true that in every relationship, the first few months of 'getting to know each other' and the 'post moving in together' periods are usually fraught with arguments as 2 people try to adjust to each others habits. I know its true of every relationship I've been in in the past, and its doubly true of my current relationship (as both happened at the same time >.<"). I call it the Trial by Fire. If 2 people aren't gonna work out they will know it in the first 3-5 months of having moved in together....

...oh shit. I forgot my 2nd month anniversary..!!! *Quickly runs over n makes it up to Nic* 

Oopsie. Luv u baby! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout, shout, let it all out...