Thursday, January 7, 2010

Today I went to work...

...and had the misfortune of being assigned a case that my manager had been working on and totally screwed up. It would have ended in total disaster if not for the client who was nice enough not to scream (yet). I managed to do what I could to save it...but I still foresee a potential complaint. We were supposed to organise a Business Class upgrade on the client's existing flight tickets for medical reasons. There were supposed to be 2 flights. A domestic US flight today, and an international flight on the 10th of Jan for them to return home to Sydney. For some reason, my manager who was working on the case today, royally messed up the flight dates and destinations, then neglected to call in for today's upgrade or to even get me to do it. Instead she asked me to call the client about ticketing the flight back to Sydney today!

So naturally, like any good lil' customer service agent, I called the client and 'buta buta' got fired for no reason. I got so pissed I straightaway alerted my senior manager (who was working till at least 9-10pm...that woman has no life but her work) who basically just smiled at me and threw me to the sharks. The bitch.

Anyway, how do people like this (my manager) actually get hired for a job they are so totally incapable of doing? No, wait. Allow me to rephrase. How do these people manage to keep their bloody jobs in the first place???? This is not screw-up number 1..or 2...or 3...or anything you can count with the fingers and toes on both your hands and feet! I mean, its actually gotten to the point where the whole team (those who aren't kissing her ass) is actually afraid of giving her anything remotely difficult to do just because she might screw up the whole fucking thing and pitch all our hard work into the drain.

Thank god upper management has finally realized what an imbecilic airhead she really is and is transferring her to another department with a much easier job scope.

Why....why....WHY do I get stuck with such idiots as bosses???

4 comments:

Big Cow said...

fuyooo.... i know EXACTLY what you mean. There are people out there who has a permanent itch on their ass if they dont screw up :D

i am working with 2 imbeciles in the company and they act as tho like they NEED to screw up 99% of their job, if not, they cant have a peaceful sleep at night or something like that.

The sad thing is, my bosses dont believe in firing people. =.="

Older, not much wiser. said...

LOL. My condolences to u. N ur bosses r so nice....!

btw, ur company got any job openings? Heheheh.

Big Cow said...

erm... i think got... but the pay here not very high lor :D

Older, not much wiser. said...

Awwww...then tak per lah...lol...

Post a Comment

Shout, shout, let it all out...