Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I went to Bubba Gump!

I finally went to the Bubba Gump Shrimp Restaurant in Sunway Pyramid. My verdict? It was pretty damn awesome. I can't imagine why I'd never even heard of it before. The food and service there is freaking awesome! I wanna go again!
The decor there was...well, I'd say its like Chilli's, except Bubba's has its own Forrest Gump theme. They play the movie continuously in their restaurants, so we ended up watching nearly the whole movie in the time we were there. It was on silent though, because they were playing music on the speakers. However, thank god for large subtitles! 

They've got a set meal thing goin' on at the moment that's seriously worth it. A refillable drink, 4 slices of garlic bread that is to die for (the one in the photo below was half eaten...oops!), an awesome ceasars salad, followed by 4 chunks of beef ribs (that were so tender they just fell of the bone), cinnamon bread pudding with vanilla ice cream on the side  for dessert and an additional cup of tea. All this for RM55++ which is a more than reasonable price (considering that the ribs alone were over RM60)!

It was a lot of food...I couldn't have finished it all by myself. Luckily Nic was there to help. We also also ordered their appetizer sampler, called 'Run Across America' (shown in the photo below - almost untouched). Now, THAT one, we couldn't finish and ended up 'tapao-ing' it. (They forgot to pack the leftover artichoke dip though...Nic was gonna kill them for that!) :P

The only thing I didn't like about the food was the sour cream dip....it tasted too creamy, and not in a good way.The service was excellent, albeit overly enthusiastic. I swear the staff has some aversion to seeing empty plates on the tables. They kept coming round every 5-10 minutes to ask if they could clear our (seemingly) empty plates!

Oh and btw, if you haven't noticed, this time I actually remembered to take photos! Well, technically Nic was the one who had to remind me to do it, but still, there're pictures to look at! Sadly the quality of the images might not be all that good because I was using the camera on my mobile to take them. However, they don't look too bad...do they? If they suck, you can blame it on my lousy photography skills. :P

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to take snapshots of everything we ate...if you'd notice, the dessert isn't shown. That's cuz I was too busy watchin' tv and totally forgot...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout, shout, let it all out...