Thursday, December 31, 2009

Food Overload!

I went to try the sort-of-new Tenji Japanese Buffet Restaurant in Soho KL today with Nic. They're having their 1st Anniversary Celebration with pretty reasonable promo prices. Usually costing between RM70 - RM88++ per person, it now costs only RM49.90++ per pax for lunch and supper, and dinner costs only RM28.80++ for every second person. They also got some other group promo, beer promo, senior citizen discount, etc etc. Overall I found it pretty effin' awesome. FYI, this isn't an advert. I just really enjoyed myself. Oh, and I've been waiting to do this since earlier this evening....

Omgomgomgomg they've got a whole friggin' bbq lamb on a skewer!!! *Scream* 

I've never seen a whole lamb before. Skinny lil' things, aren't they? They're no larger than a medium sized dog.

So my entire dinner was pretty much made up of lamb, lamb, more lamb, some sushi and sashimi bits, a small serving of buttery oyster mushrooms (which was delicious!), juice, and ice cream. Sometimes I wonder why I bother going to a Japanese buffet....

Anyway, speaking of ice cream, this place serves both Haagen Daaz and Baskin Robbins! They also have some Japanese ice cream thing going on in the far corner of the outdoor seating area where you can blend in fruits with your choice of flavored ice cream. Nifty idea, but didn't really appeal to me at the time. I just wanted my BR! I lurrrrveeee BR. They didn't have my favorite flavors, but what they had wasn't too shabby. Unfortunately, by the time I decided to have dessert, I was so stuffed I only managed to have 1 small plateful (they only provided plates, not bowls). T.T *sob*

Of course, being the greedy pig I am, I still managed to grab a combo of the chocolate (I think it was Rocky Road), Lime Sorbet,  Coffee and some weird tasting cherry ice cream. Nic had her own combo of Haagen Daaz ice cream and the Japanese ice cream.

Anyway, enough about Tenji. I just finished eating a mere 2.5 hours ago and I'm craving for another shot at the ice cream counter again. Oh, and no, I didn't take any photos. I was too busy eating. Besides, I don't have a camera, and my phone's camera sucks in low light situations. So here's the next best thing. Tenji's Gallery. By the way, did I mention that this place has outdoor seating with a pretty respectable ambiance?
Its a smokers haven too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout, shout, let it all out...