Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Aussie = Money

Just came back from a yumcha session with E. We talked about our upcoming trip to Perth, AU, which is coming up in May 2010. I can't wait! Haven't been back there since I graduated from uni. Its gonna be awesome. 12 days in Aussie. Just imagine all the gel and toothpaste I'm gonna buy! :P

Yes...other people like shopping for clothes, I like shopping for human grooming products. ^_^

Anyways, we were talking about accommodation and budgets. With the exchange rate currently hovering around RM3 = AUD1, everything is pretty friggin' expensive. Plus, I don't wanna stay at a backpackers inn. Those places are fun for most people, but I find them pretty unsafe. Besides, a private room at a backpackers costs pretty much the same as a room at a 3 star hotel!

So I've been hunting for short stay rental apartments. I've found a few cheap ones in Subiaco, but hopefully they're still available when I'm ready to book. Otherwise I might have to resort to sharing an apartment with strangers at my alma matter, Murdoch Uni at their on campus accomodation. Not that I'd mind revisiting the Student Village (now called the Murdoch University Village), its the whole 'staying with strangers' thing that bugs me.

Anyway, after much calculation, using an exchange rate of 2.9 (just in case it never goes down), I figure I'd need about RM2000 to book a place that costs AUD60 a night for 12 nights. Even using an exchange rate of 2.5 isn't much better cuz that only increases my budget by 6 bucks a night. >.<" Plus, I wanna bring at least AUD500 as cash to spend. That's another...RM1250 - 1500...!!! *groan*
Sooner or later I'm gonna look like $_$ all the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout, shout, let it all out...