Monday, February 22, 2010

Legend Hotel KL

Ahem. Many apologies for the lack of updates recently. I haven't had much internet time when I was away from work, and when I was at work I've been addicted to an online comic I discovered.

Anyway, I had a mini-vacay last week in Legend Hotel KL. Stayed there for a glorious 3 days and 2 nites with Nic, my mom, my sis and her boyfriend. Regardless of the fact that the place was only about 20 minutes away from home, I still consider it a vacay solely because we stayed in a hotel, with room service, cable tv and the works. Sadly, I didn't manage to take any pics, mainly because I kept procrastinating, thinking that I had plenty of time. However, I managed to get a collage of photos from the website, which look pretty similar to the room I was in.

The Legend Hotel

There are small differences, however. Do bear in mind that these are professionally taken promotional photos. So even though our room looked similar, there were no flowers, or decorative pots, or even the cloth runner across the bed (or whatever it's called). On a positive note, its rare to find a hotel room which looks so similar to the promo photos on the official website.

So for those wonderful 3 days, all I did was eat, sleep and watch tv. On the first night we were there, an old friend of my mom's took us out for dinner. We went to Modesto's in CapSquare, KL, because his son was one of the outlet's owners. The place is gorgeous, but because I was so spaced out that night I never even thought of taking any photos. Guess my first priority isn't my blog, after all. Lol. But because of the resourceful person I am, I managed to scrounge up some photos that looked relevant...from other blogs. XD

Modesto's CapSquare, KL
The bar area
Fried prawns and squid rings. Delicious!
Spaghetti something or another. I think my sis had this.
The only reason I put it up the photo is because, with the exception of the meat, it looks similar to what Nic and I had. I had a rack of lamb and Nic had steak. The baby potatoes were delicious!

The food was pretty awesome. Then again, so were the prices. We had 2 appetizer platters with fish fingers, fried prawns and squid rings (I think they were fried anyway. Besides, this isn't a food blog!), as well as a few types of bread to be dipped in an olive oil and vinegar mix. Then the main courses arrived. My mom's friend and I had the rack of lamb, 3 miniscule breaded lamb ribs, each that looked vaguely like an Ayamas nugget. Nic had a slab of medium rare steak with a side of black pepper sauce. My mom, sis and sis' bf had pasta. To be honest, I haven't the faintest idea of what they actually ordered with the exception that it was just different types of pasta. After the entrĂ©es, we each had desserts of chocolate and vanilla ice cream coated in chocolate covered nuts.

The 2nd night we were there, we pretty much slept the entire day, before going out for dinner at some malay food place nearby. Not much to talk about there because the food was just so-so. Then we went back to the hotel and had some fun soaking in the tub. Together. ^_^

Then came the dreaded 3rd and final day. It was time to go home! :( I wish we could have stayed longer. Just as we were starting to get into the swing of things, we needed to leave. So 'potong stim' (killjoy). While my sis and her bf rushed home for an appointment, Nic, my mom and I decided to hang around The Mall for abit. Though it is far from our choice of shopping malls, it was close by (just below the hotel actually) and I needed to get a last minute birthday pressie for my dad. Since I totally suck at buying gifts, after wasting some time standing around deliberating on what to get him, I finally decided to get him one of the few tried and true 'daddy gifts'. Boxer shorts. I will always cherish the moment where my mom asked my girlfriend which colour shorts would suit my dad better.

Omfg. >.<"


2 comments:

pink+purple dollar said...

the prawn and calamari pictures didn't do justice ler.. and i still dreamt about my med rare beef.. yummy!!

Older, not much wiser. said...

I still love my lambie-kins...mmmm....so sweet n juicy... *drool*

Post a Comment

Shout, shout, let it all out...