Monday, February 15, 2010

Advertising me

Decided to ignore my work for most of today and make some changes to my blog. For a Monday, its been surprisingly quiet so far, and I even managed to fit in a short nap. Spent about 2-3 hours putting up a new post, registering for Nuffnang (decided to sign up for it despite not having the recommended 20+ unique clicks a day), inputting the Nuffnang HTML code into my template (that took about an hour because I couldn't find the damn place to put the code for the sidebar ad!), removed the Google Adsense ads (which took all of 2 minutes to do), and also removed my Fishies application.

Though I love the Fishie application because it's pretty, my sidebar's starting to get awfully cluttered, what with the new Nuffnang app, Twitter app, blog and other links, Follower's app, archive and list of tags. So I removed the Fishie app because it was the least important.

I initially did not want to succumb to my empty pockets by putting up any sort of advertising on my blog because I didn't want to bother any of my readers with gaudy, flashing, annoying images. However, upon further contemplation, I changed my mind. After all, I have clicked on a few of these advertisements before because they managed to stimulate my curiosity. Plus, who knows? In a year's time, I maybe I'll be able to cash out a RM50 cheque of free money. By that time, with the way cigarette prices are rising, it might be just enough to buy me a pack or two...(okay okay I admit, I was exaggerating a little there).

I'm still waiting to see if I'll be tempted enough to add those widgets that try to pull traffic off random Google searches. Oh well, only time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout, shout, let it all out...