Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Work, work and more work!

I've been putting off blogging lately mainly because I've been working so much. It even feels like I never left the office to go on leave at all. I don't understand why my fuckin dumbass managers can't utilize more of my annual leave and give me more time off instead of making me work like a dog and leave my annual leave just sitting there when we're supposed to clear it before the end of June. Instead, my schedule has been frenetic, with singular off days sandwiched between 2-3 days of continuous 14-15 hour work days.

In addition, we've been so bloody busy in the office lately there's no time for trivial pursuits during working hours. It's just work work work work and more work from the moment we turn on our computers to the time we can finally clock off for the day. And even then, all of us have been staying back an extra 1-2 hours a day just to finish our assigned tasks.

It's not that the caseload has increased exponentially, it's more like the number of difficult cases that we currently open have suddenly decided to converge and hit us all at once. I've been going to work tired coming home wiped beyond exhaustion for the last week.

A spot of good news, however. My darling Nic has finally gotten a new job after dozens of lame interviews and several near misses in the last four(?) months since her bitch of a boss crossed the line between being  merely unreasonable to deserving to have a telephone pole shoved up her arse *cough cough* painful retribution beyond anything she's ever felt before.

The best part? It seems to be a great job with an awesome multi-national corporation located in KLCC. I'm so proud of her. She never gave up on herself and got depressed like most people would have after so many disappointments and tribulations in the last half year with money, illness, finding housemates, and heck, even a damn ghost in the house.

On the other hand, I'm so used to having her at home all the time, now that she's working again I'm kinda at a loss at what to do with myself when I'm home and she's not.

fingers

Computer games and various other computer-related-thingies, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout, shout, let it all out...