Monday, June 7, 2010

Something Good...Something Positive.

As I've previously mentioned quite some time ago (this post has been half written for a loooong time), I've been addicted to an online daily comic strip for the last several months. Its called 'Something Positive', by R.K. Milholland. I cannot for the life of me remember how I came across this comic, but whatever or whoever it was, a thousand blessings upon your equally twisted soul for sharing it with this kindred spirit (I mean me).

The reason why I feel compelled to plug this comic strip is for 1 simple reason...its damned good. If you enjoy sarcasm and quick wit, close relationships between the characters that you can relate to, along with a thinly veiled sexual innuendo or three, then Something Positive is the comic for you. As per Wikipedia, "The comic is characterized by a cynical tone and off-beat humor, including its portrayals of geeks, gamers, and goths."

I'm so fascinated by this comic that I even had fun reading the Wiki on it. Yea yea I know, lame right? =.="

In any case, my favourite character in SP is, of all things, a boneless, hairless, PINK cat called Choo Choo Bear. Yes, that's right. A pink cat called Choo Choo Bear. When he was first introduced, it was just weird. He was described as a 25 year old cat, with a bone disease that "makes him extra huggable" and lost all his fur because of chemotherapy. He also doesn't say 'meow' like all other cats. Instead, he goes "Murrrrr". You can view his introductory comic here. Heheheh.

This guy is so good at what he does that he's been doing this as his day job for the last 6 years. Now that takes some talent! I love his work so much that I've read it from his first post in Dec 2001 until his latest. It's awesome. Go read it. Seriously. Go. Like, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout, shout, let it all out...